From last 2 and a half month I m going through the problem of white discharge , every day it goes 3 to 4 times and it is in the form of thick milky white liquid. I feel very low and weak; I can’t do my daily routine work properly. Why is it happening? What shall I do to stop it?
Expert Advice –
If it is white and curd like it is probably due to candidiasis, a fungal infection caused by yeasts and is a common female condition. Yeast infections are caused by the fungus candida. This fungus is associated with intense itching, swelling, and irritation. Vaginal yeast infections can be spread by sexual contact, but in general are not considered a sexually transmitted infection.
Treatment for yeast infections is relatively simple depending on their severity. Please consult a local gynaecologist for the same. It is a treatable condition so need not worry about it. Here are a few precautions that you can take to avoid it:
- avoid wearing tight pants, tights, or leggings
- avoid using feminine deodorant or deodorant tampons/pads
- do not sit around in wet clothes
- eat a well-balanced diet
- eat yogurt or take supplements with lactobacillus
- wear natural fibers such as cotton, linen, or silk
- wash underwear in hot water
- change feminine products frequently
- ASJ Arul