Sex / Gender Issues

I Like Dressing Up As A Girl; I Think I Am A Transgender, Help!

I Like Dressing Up As A Girl; I Think I Am A Transgender, Help!


  2144      29/04/2015

Question –

Hi, I am 26 year old boy & I am in deep confusion regarding my gender identity and sexuality since childhood. I never fit into my peer group of males. I was always a lonely and shy guy. There was emotional abuse from my parents when I was 9 years old. I accidentally masturbated for the first time to imagining myself dressed as a girl. So from the starting of my puberty all my masturbation fantasies have been imagining myself as a girl/woman.

I never had sexual attraction to girls. Now I am 26 and I feel it is more than just sexuality and it has deeper gender identity issues. I am very confused and depressed. I am still unemployed & I can’t even see my future. I know I will be more comfortable as a woman. From young age I was into cross dressing. Please help me; I am confused whether I am a transgender or heterosexual guy or asexual guy with fetish. Please advise me I am suffering with severe loneliness and depression for years.
- Snxxx


Expert Advice –

Dear Snxxx,

First of all, let me thank you for trusting in this forum and sharing your challenges with self acceptance with me. Things are not black and white always; there are different colours and different shades. Similarly, there are not just gay and straight or Man and Women, there are many genders and many sexualities. I hope you understand that you are not abnormal. What you are feeling is absolutely normal. 


There are men who like to dress as women; they fantasise making love when they are dressed so. They might not want to really have breasts and a vagina, but they may just like to cross dress.  Gender dysphoria is also a reality, where you feel so much like a woman that you want to transition into a woman. A wonderful example of the same would be my friend Ghazal who featured in Satyamev Jayate. I suggest you Google about her and take inspiration from her life. Also, I request you to see a good psychologist who can help you assess the situation you are in. If you could write me a personal mail at with the region you belong, I can help you find a good psychologist/ psychiatrist in your locality. 


Take care
- Harish Iyer



Niyatii N Shah
Sex Educator

Manoj Raghvan

Dr ASJ Arul

Dr Ramesh Maheshwari

Bhoomi Diwa
Relationship Expert


Looking for Advice?

Talk to an Expert
starts from Rs. 15 Per Minute

Consult on Call
Ask a Question

100% Privacy Guaranteed

Need Assistance?
Call +91-9873742038

    Popular Posts