Hi I have been married for last 14 years and we have two girls. Now my wife do not want to make relation with me and is withholding it , giving different reason such as “I am sick, I have headache, long phone conversation at night, kids are sick” etc. We have not had a proper relation in the last 3-4 years. So what I should do?
Expert Advice –
Avoidance of sexual activity by your wife could be due to physical or psychological reasons.
Physical reasons could be:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Inflammation/Infection of genital organs
- Vaginal atrophy etc
Psychological Causes could be
- Fear for sex
- Unable to get pleasure in the act
- Premature ejaculation of the partner
- Painful sexual activity as a result of lack of lubrication / lack of proper stimulation
- Feeling of sexual unattractiveness – body image after delivery.
Hence it is important to assess physically and psychologically and then treat it accordingly. You should seek intervention regarding this from a good sexologist or a gynaecologist if she has any female sexual health issue.
- Dr A Chakravarthy