We all know Marsala is the 2015 color of the year as declared by Pantone. So we decided to do a little scanning of this colour and how you can use this colour in your wardrobe and make up while going out on this Valentine’s Day. We know you want to look your best on your very special V-Day, and what’s better than dressing yourself with the colour of the year?
To understand the usage in a better way, we must answer a few questions about the colour Marsala (this will also explain you on how you can team it up with your clothes and make up) and how it can be used to the optimum.
What is the USP of the color Marsala?
Marsala Pantone, a deep, earthy wine tone of reddish-brown. It is a universal and earthy tone which compliments all skin tones. It’s very stylish yet understated.
How to use Marsala creatively in the make-up routine?
Marsala is the color for the season. It is a good idea to have burgundy highlights on your hair and compliment it with the same color lashes. It is also a good idea to wear a gown in the same tone and compliment with Marsala lashes.
How to use it for party make-up?
A tone of burgundy can be worn during day as the sunlight will reflect its rich burgundy shade on your lashes and even during the night.
Wear bold statement Marsala nails with any outfit in the evening. Being an earthy tone, it can be worn with any color outfit. Even tone your skin tone with a light weight foundation, bold eye liner and heavy lashes (false if preferable). Contour your face softly and add bronze highlights on the eye lid, cheeks and collar bones. Marsala – rusty red lipstick is universally flattering and looks great with this minimalistic look in the evening. Wear it in matte shade, this is a block color and will last you long.
What are the skin types it suits best and How to use it appropriately for different skin types?
Marsala is a universal color and goes well against all skin tones. It really brings out the flush of your cheeks. It just looks so beautiful in winter against the white snow. Though this color will continue trending throughout the year and will not be limited to just winters.
What are other make-up techniques or colours it works best with?
Wear Marsala tone blush with a gold eye shadow and neutral lip for daytime, or kick it up a notch for night by layering the dusty burgundy hue on lips with a dramatic black eyeliner look. Marsala can be used to create light and dark versions of a smoky eye. Whether you're aiming for a daytime-appropriate look or a dramatic evening look, both should be worn with a wash of color on the cheeks and a slick of sheer, hydrating lip color or lip tint.
5 tips to keep in mind when using Marsala for beauty and make-up.
1. Exfoliate your lips and use balm to hydrate them before applying the lip color. Define the shape of your mouth with a matching lip pencil and then apply the color with a lip brush. Optional, but one can also apply clear lip gloss just to the center of your bottom lip to make your lips look fuller.
2. Don’t overdo the look with matching eyes, cheeks or lips.
3. Do Smokey eyes effect by smudging the color on the lower lid to create some color drama. Keep rest of the face very neutral so this style stands out
4. Sport a Marsala wing with a metallic eye liner
5. Blush your cheeks in Marsala tones to create definition, you might want to add some tones to the collar bones as well.