Acne and pimples are amongst the most common skin problems. It is a problem that has pestered the youth from time immortal and has popular home remedies practiced in all parts of the world. We too get a lot of queries from our readers on how to cure acne and pimples naturally and with ingredients that can be easily available at home. Some of the natural home remedies for the treatment and cure of pimples and acne are as follows.
1. Baking Soda- This is the best natural remedy for acne. Baking soda not only helps eliminate breakouts and reduces inflammation, it is also an exfoliator and helps remove dead skin cells. Because of this, it also works great to reduce any old scars or acne marks. To use it, just take a few teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with warm water until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to your skin. You may want to leave it on for only 10 to 15 minutes the first few times as it may feel powerful. You can gradually increase the time up to an hour or even leave it on overnight. After one use you can see a great difference in your skin.
2. Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal. Coconut oil is also extremely moisturizing and gentle. It helps fight the bacteria and reduce redness. Apply coconut oil to your skin and massage gently. You can reapply a couple times per day. With coconut oil, there is no need to ever use a moisturizer again, it works so well and doesn’t clog your pores.
3. Egg Whites- They makes a great natural remedy for acne when used as a facial mask! Egg whites reduce the oil and minimize your pores in addition to drawing out impurities. To use it, separate the egg white from the yolk, use a cotton ball or you can use your fingers to apply the egg white to your skin. After a few minutes you’ll start to feel it tighten, you can leave it on anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Afterwards, your skin will have an amazing glow!
4. Lemon Juice- For this one, you can use freshly squeezed lemon. A combination of lemon juice and rose water when applied on the pimples or acne and left for half an hour is a good remedy. This should be continued for three to four weeks as a natural home remedy. Lemons have natural antibacterial and astringent properties to help clear your skin.
-Lemon juice when mixed with ground nut oil and then applied on the affected surface is a very good remedy for pimples. Sandal wood powder can also be added for added benefit. Cinnamon power mixed with lemon juice also works wonders.
- Lime juice added to roasted and then powdered peels of the pomegranate fruit and then made into a paste in water base and applied on the pimples will heal the pimples in no time.
5. Garlic- Not only is garlic a great natural antibacterial when ingested; it also works great when applied to skin. The allicin in garlic is a good antibiotic in the natural form. To use it, take a clove of garlic and thinly slice or grind it. Rub the mixture on your skin, particularly on problem areas, making sure the juice of the garlic is applied. Leave on for 15 minutes to 30 minutes. Combining garlic paste with yogurt and using it as a face pack also helps cure pimples naturally. A clove of garlic can also be consumed daily for prevention and cure of pimples.
6. Aloe Vera- Aloe vera is very soothing and anti bacterial and also reduces inflammation and redness. To use it, apply the gel to your skin with your fingers, you can apply it several times a day. If you have an aloe vera plant, it would be even better as you get the aloe fresh, without any added ingredients. It is and prevents inflammation.
7. Honey- A combination of honey and cinnamon powder is a natural home remedy. When this paste is applied on the pimples and left over night it cures pimples. The process however should be continued for a couple of weeks.
- A mask prepared by combining grated apple pulp and honey also is a natural home remedy for curing pimples.
8. Multani Mitti- A face pack made of Multani Mitti (fuller's earth) rose water and plain water is a very effective and natural cure for pimples. It absorbs excess oil from the surface of the skin leaving it healthy and bacteria free.
9. Mint and Coriander- A very common herb is mint. Applying freshly extracted juice of mint leaves on the pimples is a natural home remedy. It is cures pimples in no time. A mixture of juice of coriander leaves and turmeric is also a great natural home remedy.
10. Neem - A paste of neem leaves and turmeric in water base when applied on the pimples and is left for one and a half hour heals pimples fast and effectively. This is a time tested treatment.
11. Tomato - Pulp of ripe tomato when regularly applied for an hour is an effective treatment against pimples. The cucumber pulp also does the same act of curing pimples in a natural way.
12. Papaya - Juice of raw papaya when applied on the pimples cures it naturally and without any side effects.
13. Fenugreek - Crushed fenugreek seed made into a paste by adding water and then applied on the pimples overnight is a very good natural remedy against pimples.
14. Nutmeg - Nutmeg powder added to raw milk and the subsequent paste when added on the pimples for about a couple of hours is a very good natural remedy to cure pimples. This is more effective with individuals with dry skin problems.